Dell has announced innovations across its PC business designed to connect users to the content they need to maximize productivity.
Dell has introduced tablets, smart desk workspace, Ultra HD 5K monitor and integrated security and manageability software solutions.
Dell registered its seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year gains in global share during the third quarter of 2014.
ALSO READ: Dell announces Latitude commercial PC series
Dell Venue Tablets
According to a survey by Harris International IT organizations find it hard to set up, configure, manage and secure tablets when compared to laptops.
Dell provides a efficient and cost-effective approach by integrating security and management software capabilities with the secure and manageable tablets and PCs.
Dell is providing updates to the Dell Venue 11 Pro series tablets. The new features will include:
- 15 percent thinner and fan-less design for a light and quiet user experience.
- Extended battery life to get through the work day.
- Travel keyboard for a full laptop experience and accompanying thin keyboard for ultra-portability.
- The latest range of Intel Core M processors.
- Wide-angle (1920 x 1080) FHD IPS & 10.8-inch display.
- Docking station for a traditional monitor, keyboard and mouse PC experience.
The new Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 Series starts at $699.99 and is available beginning Nov. 11 on Dell.com in the United States.
The Dell UltraSharp 27 monitor is world’s first display to offer Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880), is four times the resolution of QHD and seven times the resolution of Full HD.
Dell has introduced the conceptual smart desk to revolutionize the workspace by combining multi-touch LCD screens with a horizontal digital work surface that surrounds the user for natural manipulation using touch, stylus and new-generation totem-based tools.
The Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor (UP2715K) will be available on Dell.com in China on Nov. 20 and worldwide on Dec. 18 for less than $2,000.
Software Suite with security and manageability
Dell software suite is a unified client software portfolio that works with Dell clients. The software suite addresses critical endpoint and mobility IT challenges by providing customers with the following capabilities:
- Efficiently manage Windows devices with the ability to determine system hardware and software inventory, apply BIOS and driver updates, and view warranty information with Dell KACE K1000 Express.
- Facilitate mobile worker productivity while protecting organizations from threats by enforcing access control policies that help ensure only trusted users, devices and authorized apps are granted VPN access with E-Class SRA EX Virtual Appliance, part of Dell Secure Mobile Access.
- Protect end users against zero-day and phishing malware attacks. If an attack occurs, the malware is sealed off and a safe environment is restored within 20 seconds.
- Provide a secure, managed environment for data and applications on Android-based tablets with Dell Mobile Management.
The Dell Software Suite is now available on Dell commercial client products at no additional charge for one year.
Dell recently also completed a year as a privatised business. Michael Dell, founder and chief executive stated that the company delivered nothing but positive outcomes over the last year.
Growing its worldwide PC shipments by nearly 10 percent year on year in Q3, which led to growing its market share in the North American market by 19 percent. It gained triple the share of HP, five times as much as Apple, and 10 times as much as Lenovo.
Last month, Microsoft partnered with Dell to launch its Azure cloud in a box, and VMware embraced its relationship with Dell through the announcement of its series of hyper-converged products, VMware EVO.