XOLO has released yet another OTA update with various new features, performance enhancements and bug fixes. The updates will enhance the performance and features of company’s software platform, HIVE.
HIVE is built on Android 4.4 and is designed by company’s software design team. With HIVE, XOLO aims to grow its customer base, without compromising on the user experience.
HIVE allows users to share real-time feedback, new feature ideas, interact with the development team and other HIVE users through the CONNECT app.
New feature ideas and suggestions are analyzed by the development team and basis the voting for each new suggestion/ feedback; it is implemented in the form of OTA updates.
ALSO READ: XOLO Play 8X-1200 gaming smartphone
XOLO has made more than 20 new features on the basis of customer feedback.
- Support for Indic language fonts: 8 new local languages added which will now enable users to access local content in total 14 languages.
- Support for Wi-Fi Direct: This enables users to transfer content at high data rates equivalent to that of Wi Fi.
- App lock screen feature for Hide and Lock features configurable through Launcher->Settings
- Exposure time configuration in Camera Pro mode
- Some of the other features added to HIVE, since its launch:
- Wake Gesture Controls: lets users change music by just a swipe on the cold screen without opening their eyes or waking up the screen.
- Font customization: Gives users the freedom to choose their preferred font, without the hassle of rebooting the device
- Focus modes in camera pro modes: The photography enthusiasts can now enjoy more precise and detail imaging quality with this enhancement
- Enhancement in FusionX app: Addition of Sleep timer feature and shake to change tracks feature.
All updates are rolled out over-the-air (OTA) and can be downloaded from the CONNECT app on HIVE.
Earlier this year, XOLO also released the beta version of Android 4.4 KitKat update for its flagship Q3000. The update is available on the official Q3000 page for the users.
Earlier the updates were made available for XOLO Q1010i, Q1010, Q700s and Q100 Opus.
The new Android 4.4 (KitKat) update will have a restyled status and navigation bars. It will have color emoji, printing support and a new camera UI. It will add new features and upgrade the performance of the device.
The update will provide new phone dialer with ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, immersive mode, lock screen art, easy home screen switching, new email app, and other improvements.