Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone is well accepted by several mobile users across the world.
GizmoLead.com is starting its user review column from this week. We are looking for smartphone and tablet user reviews from our readers. We will be publishing reviews from working professionals to ensure quality and transparency. They need to send their reviews from their professional IDs to qualify for this column.
Boldrin Michael, head of H.R and Administration, Ajor International, Saudi Arabia, is currently using Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. He has earlier used competing phones from makers like Nokia, Apple, etc.
Boldrin, who’s a Keralite and currently living in Saudi Arabia, says that Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is an excellent phone he has ever used.
According to him, there are several advantages and disadvantages with the smartphone from Galaxy S2.
GizmoLead.com, your favorite digital publication on devices — primarily for Indian readers — is presenting details of his experience.
Pros of Samsung Galaxy S2
- This is an excellent phone I have ever used.
- All applications work well, smooth and fast.
- Camera quality is better than any other normal device in market.
- Video call (front camera) is amazing when we use Hangout and Skype (I am a regular user). You no longer need laptop or desktop for making video call
- Glass protection, display (contrast and sharpness of image), sound are very good.
- Fascinating wallpapers from Google play.
- Design and color are good except plastic body.
- S2 is very user friendly than iPhone 5.
Cons of Samsung Galaxy S2
- 4G not available
- Bluetooth –Sometimes it won’t identify other devices
- Only limited profiles available if compared with Nokia.
- Battery drains faster. It may get zero within 12 hours. I recharge it twice daily. I have also used Nokia E6 and iPhone 5, both of them stay one whole day with Wi-Fi on.
- Galaxy S2’s battery gets up overheated quickly.
- iPhone 5 can take too many snaps in a given time compared to S2.
- Line & Viber’s (calling apps) quality is better than normal voice call.
- Sometimes it may go to silent mode because of our finger touch.
- My vernacular (Malayalam) is not supported except on applications like Facebook, but iPhone supports these languages.
Nokia Wi-Fi access capability is a little bit better than Samsung.
S2 got hung within two months after purchase. I had to format (to reset the phone to factory settings-Hold down volume+ home+ power button). The phone will not work again just after switch off and on as Nokia device does normally. I lost almost all applications downloaded from Google Play.
Battery always gets over heated when it is charged. (between 42 to 50 degree Celsius). Battery is China assembled though phone is from Korea. I don’t know much about processor.
Android and S2 are fine for me if the company rectifies the cons. My version is 4.0.4, need to upgrade to Jelly Bean if available. I have plans to root for the full performance and up-gradation.
Boldrin Michael, head of H.R and Administration, Ajor International, Saudi Arabia