Sony Entertainment has launched their first music flash sales app for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
The app offers users discounts on a different album every 24 hours.
Sony is looking to drive up the album sales with new album of the day app. The company is offering up to 70% of discount on the popular albums.
The Album of the Day App line up includes music albums from well known music artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Santana, Dixie Chicks, Audioslave, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, P!nk, Bob Dylan, Lauryn Hill, The Script, Usher, Meat Loaf, Rodriguez, Sade, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and many others.
Key features of the app:
· Daily Offers: Every 24 hours a new album will be made available for purchase with 70% discount.
· App Content: Users have the freedom to view images, clips and read about the album instantly.
· Community: Through social network users can share the offers with their friends.
· Checkout: Users can also download the albums through their iTunes account directly to their iTunes library.
· First Access: Users can enable the push notification service to get the updates on the latest offers on the albums.
· Variety: The app will provide a large amount of songs of different genres and different eras.
“Sony Music remains committed to making the consumer experience as easy and enjoyable as possible for them wherever and whenever they choose. The Album of the Day App offers a great new deal on a featured album every day by top artists, giving fans the opportunity to download their favorite music directly from the app,” says Adam Block, president of Sony Music’s Legacy Recordings.