Samsung has unveiled the latest version — Version 3.5 — of its instant messenger service called ChatON.
The app has been updated keeping in mind the needs of the young and socially connected users, said Tarun Malik, director of Media Solutions Center-South West Asia, Samsung Electronics.
For example, ChatON now comes with a local language translation feature that makes it possible for people speaking different languages to chat with ease. It also features direct English-to-Hindi and Hindi-to-English instant translation feature.
Users can also use content from various genres like news, entertainment, games, health and others through multiple devices and platforms.
The multi-platform chat service is available across Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry and can be used across a wide range of devices.
Currently ChatON has 200 million subscribers globally, Samsung said.
Version 3.5 also offers upgraded features including up to 1GB file sharing, instant message translation between English and Hindi, up to 1001 members’ group chat, easy location sharing, sent message recall, Indianized Anicons and SMS/MMS integration.
Other important updates
- Glympse, a new feature, enables users to share real-time location with their ChatON buddies for a specified period of time through application.
- Sent message recall feature allows users to recall messages that may have sent accidentally.
- The new version supports large file sharing up to 1GB, allowing users to easily share multimedia contents with their contacts.
- ChatON also overcomes limitations of group sizes and allows up to 1,001 persons in a group.
- The improved message integration feature allows users to manage their ChatON and SMS/MMS messages from the same sender in one chat room.
ChatON Live Partners feature comprises key partners including CriqHQ, Ebay, Mint, Aajtak, Think Digit, amongst others to engage the consumer and provide exclusive content, discounts and deals. Thanks to this feature, users can subscribe to diverse content from multiple service providers.