eScan, content security and anti-virus solution providers, has issued warning against fake gaming applications that may hit your Google Play Store this football season.
eScan warns these apps may be malicious and have the capacity to destroy your football season mood. Cybercriminals are active in spite of the precautions taken by Google regarding security aspects.
eScan after cracking an app named “ Corner Kick World Cup 2014” developed by Vino Sports having a size of less than 1 MB found out that similar apps developed by the company were all fake with no game at all to play.
Certain apps make a request for data access irrelevant of the functioning of app, which arouses suspicion. Once these data reach hackers’ hands they get easy access to victim’s location, banking details and contacts.
Google has started their Bouncer service to knock down these fake game applications in Play Store. But they cannot be eliminated totally and hence users should always be careful, eScan said.
eScan tips for Android users to stay safe from fake FIFA World Cup apps
- Install antivirus software to secure your Android device from internet threats.
- Phone password is a must.
- If you are installing any live app,do a background enquiry on different forums mentioning about this particular app to know of the issues faced by current users.
- Enquire the reputation of the company selling the app
- Details of website developer to make sure that they have a legal mobile gaming app.
- Understand the access right before installing any app.
- Never try to download apps from unauthorized app stores