Baidu has announced that its Android app DU Battery Saver has exceeded 100 million downloads globally in less than two years since its launch.
DU Battery Saver is a free battery optimization app that extends the battery life of Android smartphones by over 50 percent.
More than 3 million users have rated this app 4.5 out of 5 on Google Play. The app is available in 17 languages.
ALSO READ: LINE released globally for iPad
“DU Battery Saver isn’t only about getting more use out of your phone, it’s also about helping the planet by using less electricity between charges. DU Apps Studio celebrates this milestone and will keep innovating to improve the mobile lives of our users worldwide.” said Carol Lu, product manager, DU Apps Studio.
DU Battery Saver’s has one-tap “Optimize” button that automatically closes unnecessary apps, unused services and processes to increase a smartphone’s runtime so users can have more time to talk, play games and browse when it is not convenient to charge.
Other features of DU Battery Saver app includes:
- Customize power saving modes for different types of phone usage
- Turn off power-draining GPS, mobile data and Wi-Fi without digging into phone settings.
- See how much battery charge is left with a detailed analysis of apps and hardware
- Generate graphs to visualize power usage over time
- Customize battery skins that can be shared with friends on Facebook
DU Battery Saver app can be downloaded for free from Google Play.