At CES 2019, Harman has announced the JBL JR POP, an ultra-portable, kid-friendly Bluetooth speaker from JBL JR brand.
The JBL JR POP comes with kid-proof features for greater durability so that children can use them even on playground. It is IPX7 waterproof-rated.
The device offers five hours of playtime in a single charge.
Also JBL JR POP comes with “parent-approved” playlists feature.
“Kids are inspired by music just as much as adults, which is why we wanted to create a portable speaker just for them,” said Michael Mauser, president Lifestyle Audio Division at HARMAN. “The JBL JR POP gives parents’ peace of mind as it is durable and waterproof.”
Attention parents: we just announced the release of @JBLaudio JR POP, our first kid-friendly Bluetooth speaker at #CES2019. Children can bring a soundtrack to the playground and adults will love the “kid-proof” durability: https://t.co/zjQOEWnAyU #HARMANCES pic.twitter.com/CYTU8JCDX8
— HARMAN (@Harman) January 7, 2019
JBL JR POP features
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming: Wirelessly connect to any smartphone or tablet.
- Durable and rugged materials: The durable and rugged rubber housing allows it to outlast any kid-filled adventure.
- Multi-color lighting mode: Speaker lights up when music is playing
- IPX7 waterproof: Take the speaker to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion Battery: Keeps kids entertained for up to 5 hours on a single charge.
- Ultra-compact: Ergonomically designed and perfect for small hands
- Custom personalization: fun and colorful stickers included
- Detachable strap: Attach the speaker for stationary or on-the-go listening
Pricing and Availability
JBL JR POP (USD: $29.95) is available for purchase now on JBL.com in six color options: Aqua Teal, Iris Purple, Rose Pink, Spider Red, Cool Blue and Froggy Green.