Dell has announced the launch of the Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme notebook and the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme convertible notebooks in India.
The Latitude Rugged devices are mainly targeted to the users who operate in extreme conditions such as dust, moisture, drops, vibration, extreme temperatures and other such conditions.
The Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme sports industry’s first rugged flip-hinge display that converts between notebook and tablet, while the Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme is built with the most durable materials available.
Latitude Rugged Extreme notebooks are tested to military standards including drops up to six feet, as well as ingress protection, emissions and hazardous materials certifications by a third-party testing facility.
These devices use the Intel vPro technology which makes system management easy with remote management. Users can protect their data with TPM 1.2, Dell Data Protection and Encryption and ControlVault advanced authentication.
- Direct-View outdoor-readable display in sunlight that reduces glare and reflectivity with less reliance on backlighting.
- Resistive multi-touch on the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme for recognizing intuitive gestures while wearing thick gloves
- The industry’s first rugged “flip-hinge” convertible display with the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme
- Docking commonality across the Dell Rugged Extreme portfolio, regardless of form factor for cost savings over time
- Sealed, customizable “RGB” backlit keyboard enables work in all lighting environments and features an “instant stealth” mode to go incognito
- Up to 16GB of memory5 and up to 512GB solid state storage
- Full HD webcam with a privacy shutter
- Eight megapixel bottom camera with flash on the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme
- USB 3.0 and native serial on all Rugged Extreme products with dual serial/RJ-45 on the Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme
The Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme will be available at a price of Rs 2,39,999, while the Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme will be selling at a price of Rs 2,29,999.
“With the introduction of these unique products, we believe that many industries in India can benefit from a niche technology that has been built for their business.” said Indrajit Belgundi, director & GM, Dell India.
The Latitude commercial PC series was announced in September, which included Latitude 7000 Series 2-in-1 detachable laptop; Latitude 3000 and 5000 Series laptops; Latitude 14 Rugged laptop; and OptiPlex 9020 and 3020 Micro desktop PCs.
The Latitude 13 7000 Series is the world’s most secure 2-in-1, combining a lightweight business Ultrabook and a detachable tablet in one device.
The Latitude 5000 Series has a new, sleek design that is 20 percent thinner than the previous model. It also offers all day battery life with a 4-cell battery and enhanced materials for durability.