3 Hong Kong is the first telecom operator in Asia to launch Jolla smartphone on its Sailfish operating system.
The company said 3 Hong Kong will be the exclusive carrier for Jolla smartphone. Jolla Sailfish OS smartphones will be available for sale from August 12.
The user subscribed to 3 Hong Kong 4G LTE smartphone super plan can take advantage of a Jolla handset offer for $0.
Customers can also get “The Other Half” at the redemption price of $180, a 25 percent discount off the original price. In addition, the first batch of customers can enjoy the Jolla VIP pack, with 3 additional The Other Half smart covers for free.
“We believe Jolla is an exciting option for tech-savvy smartphone users who are looking for a new and fresh mobile user experience. Fast and unique user experience can be achieved via 3 Hong Kong’s 4G LTE network and Jolla’s Android application compatibility,” said 3 Hong Kong Chief Operating Officer Jennifer Tan.
The new smartphone is button less, Android application compatible and is available exclusively through 3 Hong Kong.
· 540×960 pixels, 4.5 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
· Sailfish OS, v1, upgradable to v1.0.5
· Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset.
· Dual-core 1.4 GHz Krait 200 chipset.
· 8MP camera with 3264 x 2448, autofocus and LED flash.
· Corning Gorilla glass 2 protection.
· Internal memory 16GB, expendable up to 64 GB
· Li-ion 2100 mAh battery with stand by time up to 500 hours and talk time up to 10 hours