Tokyo-based wearable lifestyle design company VELDT has released its smart watch VELDTSERNDIPITY, which will be available in two models – C and R at $765 and $1,452.
In a statement VELDT said that they have commenced to take pre-orders for their smartwatch from June 23. The delivery would be commenced from December, 2014 for Japan, United States and European Market. The watch will initially come with a taxi allocation service (limited to Tokyo), partnering with Nihon Kotsu, the largest taxi service operator headquartered in Tokyo.
The watch comes with a time-honored analog face combined with sensibly designed LED information display called the “Vivid Loop”. With additional short text messages on the small display, the watch helps the user to grasp information and instantly decide whether to access the smartphone.
Activity tracking function is built-in and the activity volume is displayed on the timeline along with your calendar schedule on the smartphone app named “VELDT Life Assist”.
Functions and services can easily be accessed from the short-cut buttons of the watch. New functions and services can be downloaded thru the “VELDT Life Assist” application.
VELDT SERENDIPITY MODEL R has three types – Ripplet, Moon Ray and Silky Ice at $1,452. VELDT SERENDIPITY MODEL C (5 types) Gentle Lily (white), deep seed (black) crisp mind (green), rich violet (violet) and fresh scarlet (red) at $765
VELDT SERENDIPITY is uniquely designed with a look of a time-honored analog watch, combined with LED lights that intuitively provide information in sync with the owner’s smartphone. This helps users to take quick actions, without taking the time to reach for the smartphone.
- Material: stainless steel, antibacterial plastics, genuine leather strap, sapphire glass (Model R)
- Dimensions: case diameter 48mm, case thickness 15.6mm
- Watch module: quartz (4 year life time internal battery)
- Battery: lithium-ion battery (micro USB rechargeable, approx 1 week standby time)
- Supported OS: iOS7 or later
- Supported language: Japanese/English
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Main functions: mail, SNS, iOS Notification Center connectivity, activity tracking, LED synced services such as schedule display and weather forecast, taxi allocation service (available in Tokyo only, fees occur after free trial period)