LG will release the F70 4G LTE smartphone in global markets in the coming weeks starting in Europe, followed by Asia, Central and South America and North America.
F70 is part of the F Series of smartphones the company announced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 4.5-inch IPS display
- 1GB RAM / 4GB/8GB eMMC (depending on market) / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front VGA (640 x 480)
- Size: 127.5 x 66.4 x 9.9mm; weight: 129.6g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) / A-GPS / NFC (LTE only)
LG claims the 2,440mAh battery will last a full workday for most users.
The smartphone comes loaded with LG’s proprietary UX features such as Knock Code, first introduced in LG’s premium G Series smartphones. It allows users to secure the phone using a personalized sequence of two to eight taps for more than 80,000 possible combinations.
The Plug & Pop feature recommends options that are most likely to be used when a headset or USB cable is detected. Guest Mode lets users keep content private when sharing their F70 with family and friends. The smartphone also comes with LG Quick Window protective case.