LG Electronics (LG) will showcase its latest 4G LTE smartphones in India on Monday.
The Korean device vendor is organizing its Tech Show 2014 on 3 March 2014 in Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR, India.
The company did not share additional information on models, availability, pricing, etc.
This week, LG said LG-E985T smartphone, its dual mode handset supporting TD-LTE and FD-LTE technologies, will be available through China Mobile that has around 750 million subscribers.
Key specifications of LG-E985T smartphone:
- Chipset: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080, 400ppi)
- Memory: 2GB DDR RAM / 16GB / microSD (up to 32GB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with LED Flash / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 2,940mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm
- Colors: Indigo Black, Luna White
This apart, LG Electronics unveiled its LG F70 targeting millions of new LTE customers around the world.
Key specifications of LG F70:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Display: 4.5-inch WVGA IPS (800 x 480, 207 ppi)
- Memory: 4 GB / 1 GB RAM / microSD slot (up to 32 GB)
- Camera: Rear 5.0MP AF / Front VGA (640 x 480)
- Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 127.2 x 66.4 x 10.0mm
The launch is important since India’s 4G market is gaining momentum due to the presence of Bharti Airtel that has more than 100,000 LTE subscribers. Its rival Reliance Jio Infocomm is expected to unveil 4G services in the next 6-9 months.
This apart, during the latest spectrum auction, several telecom operators have acquired spectrum that can be used to launch 4G on FD-LTE technology.
Recently, Bharti Airtel said it launched 4G services at 3G rates in Bangalore. It also announced special data plans for Apple iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c users.
Pix from LG stall at MWC 2014