Xperia Z1 smartphone will be priced at Rs 62,000 in India. (Update: Xperia Z1 priced at Rs 44,990)
The price is based on information available on official Sony Mobile site.
The smartphone major is taking pre-orders at GBP 599 (Rs 62,688) in some of the global mobile markets.
Deliveries are expected to start at the end of September. The product is expected to be launched in India on September 18.
For comparison, Apple iPhone 5 16 GB unlocked mobile phone featuring iOS 6 and 1.2 GHz Dual-core processor is priced at Rs 45,500.
- 169 grams
- 144.4 x 73.9 x 8.5 mm
- 20.7 megapixel camera with Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- 5.0 inch Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with X-Reality for mobile picture engine
- 16,777,216 colours, 1920×1080 pixels
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Quad Core
- Waterproof (IPX5 and IPX8)
- Dustproof (IP5X)
- 3000 mAh battery
- Talk time: Up to 14 hours
- Standby time: Up to 550 hours
- Music listening time: Up to 40 hours
- Video playback time: Up to 5.5 hours
- RAM 2GB memory
- Flash memory up to 16 GB
- Expansion slot microSD card up to 64 GB