Pre-order booking for BlackBerry Q5, the latest smartphone featuring a QWERTY keyboard, has started in India.
However, BlackBerry India’s website has not shared shipping details and the price of the new smartphone which is designed especially for developing mobile markets.
Industry sources reveal that that budget smartphone on the BlackBerry 10 OS platform will be unveiled this month.
The BlackBerry Q5 is a more affordable alternative to the BlackBerry Q10 – with both running on the new BlackBerry 10 platform. Mobile users, who are not keen to spend Rs 40,000 plus, can look forward for BlackBerry Q5. The likely price is around Rs 24,000, as reported earlier by GizmoLead.com.
A recent GizmoLead.com poll suggested that 67 percent readers do not want to buy Q10 at the current price. Blackberry Q10: 67% says NO to current price
Specifications of BlackBerry Q5
- Display : 3.1 inch touch-screen (720 x 720 pixels)
- Processor : Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- RAM : 2GB
- Onboard Memory : 8GB (microSD support)
- Camera : 5MP & front-facing 2MP
- Battery : 2100 mAh
- Operating System : Blackberry 10
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G or 4G & NFC (model dependant)
- Colors : Black, White or Red