At MWC18, HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, announced the launch of Nokia 8 Sirocco, along with Nokia 7 Plus, new Nokia 6 and Nokia 1.
Nokia 8 Sirocco features an ultra-compact design with a stainless-steel frame at 2mm thin at the edge, and a curved edge-to-edge pOLED 2K 5.5-inch display with smaller bezels and moulded body curves.
The stainless steel frame is 2.5 times stronger than 6000 series aluminum, and its 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is robust enough to endure life’s everyday knocks, Nokia said.
Nokia 8 Sirocco dual rear sensors with ZEISS optics combine an ultra-sensitive, wide angle primary camera for impressive low-light performance and a secondary 13MP sensor with 2x optical zoom.
Additionally the Pro Camera mode gives full manual control over every picture.
Specs at a glance
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 5.5-inch QHD (1440×2560 pixels) pOLED display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
- 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- Primary cameras 12 MP Wide (2L7, 1.4um, 2PD, f/1.7, FOV 78.2″) and 13 MP Tele (3M3, 1.0um, f/2.6, FOV47.3″), dual-tone flash
- Front facing camera: 5 MP, S.LSI 4E8, 1.4um, display flash
- Integrated 3260 mAh battery
- Qi Wireless Charging
Available from early April, the Nokia 8 Sirocco will be available for a global average retail price of €749, (INR 60,000 approx) excluding taxes and subsidies.