LG Electronics today announced the key specifications of LG G Pro 2, its follow-up to the G Pro, and said it will be available in Korea.
LG G Pro 2 smartphone will also be showcased at the Mobile World Congress 2014.
The company will launch the latest smartphone in other markets later. This is a premium product. LG’s curved phone is already the costly Android smartphone in India.
LG G Pro 2 main specifications include 2.26 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Qualcomm Technologies Adreno 330 GPU, 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) display, 3.3mm bezel, 3GB DDR3 RAM memory / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot, 13.0MP rear Camera with OIS and 2.1MP front camera, 3,200mAh removable battery, Android 4.4 KitKat OS, 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm size, 172g weight, Knock Code, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock, etc.
LG developed a new feature called Knock Code which makes unlocking and using the G Pro 2 easier and more convenient.
Earlier, LG added KnockON feature to LG G2.
The latest Knock Code feature allows owners to power on and unlock their G Pro 2 smartphones in one easy step by tapping their screens using one of 86,367 “knock” combinations. Knock pattern can be entered on any area of the screen ― whether the display is turned on or off ― using anywhere from two to eight taps.
The G Pro 2 is the first LG smartphone to benefit from an enhanced 13MP camera with OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) and advanced functions ideal for creating sharing content.
In addition, the sensors and lens of the rear and front camera on the G Pro 2 have increased in both size and sensitivity.
According to the LG press statement, some of the other advanced image capturing features built into the G Pro 2 are:
· 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds ― one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
· 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
· Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, users have the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users can also press the all-in-focus icon to make every object in the frame look their sharpest
· Natural Flash: Offers more balanced color temperature and exposure for the most natural-looking photos compared to images taken with a normal flash
· Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more “soft” lighting in self-portrait mode
· Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
· Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites
Some of the new UX features include:
· Content Lock: Provides users more security with the ability to lock files, photos, videos and memos with a unique password
· Mini View: Enables users to comfortably use the G Pro 2 with one hand by shrinking the display to a size ranging from 3.4 inches to 4.7 inches, depending on the user’s preference
· Dual Browser: Divides the expansive screen into two separate browser windows for more convenient surfing